High Density Polyethylene has a good chemical
resistance to almost all acids and bases, detergents and hot
water. HDPE has good insulation properties and is easy to weld.
The operating temperature is from -58 °F to +194 °F.
- low density
- high toughness (also at low temperature)
- high elongation
- very good electrical and dielectric properties
- very low water absorption
- low steam permeability
- high chemical resistance
- good protection against stress cracking
- food safe
- soft surface (low tensile strength)
- HF welding not recommended
- natural color is not weather resistant
Transport containers, pumps and valve parts, parts in the
tank construction, components with medical applications,
gaskets, sliding profiles, components for the food industry.